Welcome to the Newbie's forum

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Scotch
Baby

Post by Scotch » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:09 pm

Kaz wrote:i guess the first thing everyone asks, whats your age and weight :P makes a difference in what board to get. Might be best to create a new thread aswell, everyone will notice it more then

Hi, well I'm 22 and my weight it's around 160.

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:31 pm

Welcome to the forum Nogrog and Beto.
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

pd2h

Post by pd2h » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:48 am

Welcome to a whole world of dirt ;)

Scotch
Baby

Post by Scotch » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Hey guys thanks for everything, I know you can help me out here lending me a board which is great, so I can start riding with u guys soon, however I was just looking online some pads and stuff also trying to learn a bit, and I found the MBS Atom 95X Mountain Board JEEP that costs around $120, but I'm not sure if that's a good board to start or even for me or a good prize... I know u asked me my weight which it's like 160, so idk if that it's ok for me or what would u recommend to me.

fran

Post by fran » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi, I'm just looking into getting a board to start out with, I'm 23 but only weigh 7 stone and am 4ft11 (dont laugh), should I be looking at junior boards or??? Any help appreciated! X

Kaz
Dirty

Post by Kaz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:51 pm

fran wrote:Hi, I'm just looking into getting a board to start out with, I'm 23 but only weigh 7 stone and am 4ft11 (dont laugh), should I be looking at junior boards or??? Any help appreciated! X

comp 90 :D nice n light n short. im 8stn 5ft5 n its graand although listen to what others have to say as they are wise beyond their years
[font="Arial Black"]nature made/edited with a spade[/font]
I have a Website

evilc

Post by evilc » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:22 am

fran wrote:Hi, I'm just looking into getting a board to start out with, I'm 23 but only weigh 7 stone and am 4ft11 (dont laugh), should I be looking at junior boards or??? Any help appreciated! X

Hmm, quite possibly yes.

The thing with junior boards though is that they often have skate trucks, which I am no fan of. Best maybe to start your own thread and we can help you through the process?
(Work in Progress) Board buying guide

My Rides

Main:
TK Pro deck | F3 bindings | FX heelstraps | Rockstar Pro hubs | T1 tyres | Trampa Vertigo trucks w/ Titanium kingpins | Less Spring mod | Yellow Trampa Dampas | Stainless steel fixings upgrade

Spare / Loaner:
Trampa 16 ply 35 deg long deck | Talon II bindings | FX heelstraps | Manhick cast metal triskpoke wheels | Scrub Alu trucks | Green Trampa Dampas | ABS brake kit

drdirtsufer
Noob

Post by drdirtsufer » Wed May 04, 2011 7:54 am

dirt rules, sweet site guys

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Wed May 04, 2011 7:59 am

glad you decided to sign up Doc!
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

gold8127

Oh my God!

Post by gold8127 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:02 am

Oh my God! I've never seen a article like that!!wow gold buy wow gold cheap wow gold

joe902000

newby

Post by joe902000 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:56 am

Hi McCarver

I have seen some vid’s of this sport and its defo the way forwards and have some lovely steep hills near by to tear up.

I need some advice – I want to take up the sport as I haven’t snowboarded in a while after a couple of nasty busts.

I am looking for a beginner / intermediate mountain board. I am just over 6 feet tall 13 ish stone and 35 years old feeling 40 need to get back to 25ish or better.

My snowboard is at about 5’9” intermediate. My preferred stance is ducky foot 18” to 24” heal to heal 15 degrees toe forward. So I need a fairly long board? Do I or are they more or less the same.

I have no idea what kit I should be looking at I have seen MBS mentioned a few times
Want to spend around £150 - £200 ish

Also can these things be heal turned like a (s)board so you can travel left or right foot forwards.

The 6th degree

Post by The 6th degree » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:05 am

Hi Joe - welcome to the forum! Where about are you based?

For an adult board with your price range you aren't really going to get anything decent brand new. I would look for a 2nd hand board on ebay, something like for an MBS comp 16, comp 95 or comp 100. If any of those are pro models - then even better. For a good new board, you will probably need to spend £300-£400.

It’s a shame because Multley on the forum just sold one of his boards that would have been perfect…

If you are looking 2nd hand, look for channel trucks (MBS Matrix trucks typically) and ideally a composite deck. Over here (UK) MBS and Trampa are going to be the best makes that you will be able to get your hands on readily.

I've noticed some MBS core 16 decks on ebay recently that look in good condition and are around £50. The core decks aren't as good as comp decks - but the rest of the hardware (trucks/wheels/bindings) are the same as those on comp boards. That could be a good cheap starter board and then you can buy a new composite deck to swap the core one with.

Mountainboards can be ridden goofy or regular.

If you see anything you like the look of - post it up here and you'll get some opinions.

linshan

Post by linshan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:31 am

We are a big china jerseys wholesaler .
We have
NFL
Team player`s number sewn on the chest and sleeves
Player`s name sewn at the upper back on a sewn down nameplate
MLB
We have athletic and collbase jerseys All name and number sewn on .Whith team sign and player number sewn on the chest,Player name sewn on the back of jerseys.
NHL
Team player`s number sewn on the chest and sleeves
Player`s name sewn at the upper back on a sewn down nameplate
NBA
It is nike or adidas brand Jerseys.
All of my product is high quality and lowest price . Mix Order Big discount for big order!If you have any questions Please feel free to contact us

evilwurm
Baby

Post by evilwurm » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm Clem, a newbie from the Philippines.

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Hey Evil, good to have you on board. Im guessing you are a friend of Joe's?
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

evilwurm
Baby

Post by evilwurm » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:25 am

McCarver wrote:Hey Evil, good to have you on board. Im guessing you are a friend of Joe's?

Hello McCarver! is Joe also from the Philippines? im a friend of jondexter :) i just started dirt surfing a couple of weeks ago...:)

theosnw
Noob

Post by theosnw » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi, I'm new.

I'm from St Helens, Merseyside, I'm 29 in full employment, I'm a hetrosexual male born into the Catholic faith, I have a girlfriend and 2 pet chickens. I hate cheese and sauce. I like chips.

I've never Skate/Snowboarded before and have been Mountainboarding twice but fell in love with it.

I've also just bought a new Trampa board with all the bells and whistles.

I know Tony Retro...

Fin.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:29 pm

welcome to the forum.

I dont know if you and i will get along, you see...i like cheese..and im a mod!

just kiddin.

Keep an eye out for my tutorials if your new to riding, though by the time i post a useful one youll be better than me :p
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:44 pm

theosnw wrote:Hi, I'm new.

I'm from St Helens, Merseyside, I'm 29 in full employment, I'm a hetrosexual male born into the Catholic faith, I have a girlfriend and 2 pet chickens. I hate cheese and sauce. I like chips.

I've never Skate/Snowboarded before and have been Mountainboarding twice but fell in love with it.

I've also just bought a new Trampa board with all the bells and whistles.

I know Tony Retro...

Fin.

Don't worry I don't like cheese too, but I do like the word 'cheese'.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

dctiffanyray

Post by dctiffanyray » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi guys I’m Tiffany Ray a new member for this site, I hope that I'm welcome in this Forum and to know more about this site.

_______
abstract painting - A form of art that needs critical thinking and analysis to see the hidden meaning.

Return to “Newbie Q&A”