Are gi boards ok? And what are the best bindings??

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

sawdustsam
Noob

Are gi boards ok? And what are the best bindings??

Post by sawdustsam » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:08 am

i have a gi ak 103 as ive only just started. i like downhill riding but im also starting to jump. is this board ok for this? what board should i progress to if not. and what are the best bindings you could recommend? thanks guys. only just found this forum.. so stoked to see so many people into this awesome shit!!!

surrey7
Noob

Post by surrey7 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 am

the ak 103 is all maple so i would suggest trying to find a board with a composite deck, otherwise a big jump can compromise the an all wood board. if you like gi i'd suggest trying to find a flight lite 100 or conflict, though a patrol would probably hold up fine too. otherwise i'd just say go with a trampa deck. as for bindings it really just depends on what brand you ride my favorite are the GI talons though.

BryceAZ

Post by BryceAZ » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:32 am

There's a nice Patrol complete for sale on the forum in the "For Sale/Wanted" section. I love GI. I ride a Flight Lite 100 that I've customized quite a bit. They're currently not selling product right now so your best bet is find a good used board but if you are just starting your AK 103 should be fine for a while.

Return to “Newbie Q&A”