are trampa the best??

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

sawdustsam
Noob

are trampa the best??

Post by sawdustsam » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:36 am

i am looking at getting some new trucks and a deck... according to the latest poll i saw, the trampa trucks were the winner. would that be the same for the deck? and which deck??? thanks guys. this place is awesome

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:56 am

theyre really good, great decks but the trucks are new and in my oppinion not perfected yet. But they are more available than most makes in australia. if you get the trucks id suggest the infintys as the vertigoes (the ones with weight saving holes) currently have a tendancy to bend and break.

Decks are great, will never delam or snap, some people say they can go a little soggy after a few years but over all theyre a great deck. id suggest going a ply or two thicker than suggested and then shavign it down as i dont like the shape of them personally.
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

Michael
Dirty

Post by Michael » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:16 am

I would deffo buy the trampa deck :D
I love my 15 ply short one. Im 16 and not short but it still gives me loads of pop and its also pretty stable at high speeds aswell :D

The trampa trucks arnt as good tho, my mate has bent a few D:
I can do a wheelie on a uni-cycle...

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:02 pm

I would say Trampa trucks are much better than MBS ones though. So much more stable and the attention to detail is amazing. As Jasper suggested go with infinity, but have vertigo hangars. Because Trampa are so amazing you can mix and match parts so don't worry. It depends on your riding style as well, unless you're ganna hit big jumps where a lot of pressure could fall onto a single truck when things go wrong the chances of a breakage is no different to any other truck.

To answer your actual question, I would strongly recommend that deck. They are so so beastly, don't bother calling it a board, it's more of a steed!
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

jondextan
Slightly dirty

Post by jondextan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:54 pm

I'd suggest going for Infinty Hangers and Vertigo Baseplates if you prefer to mix em up. I have a full trampa setup (except for the Mak tires), 17Ply long, infinities, Superstars, trampa ratchets. Heavy setup, but it gives you confidence and the pop a whole lot.

| Tapatalk & iPad2 |

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:59 pm

No deck is the best. It all depends what you want out of it. Tramps mbs etc are all great quality.

I ride Trampa vertigo trucks and, have no complaints. I have used them for some fairly challenging freeride. I dont think bending / breaking them is going to be a concern for your average rider. These instances seem to be involved with bad landings on big air.

Ian@KentATB

Post by Ian@KentATB » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Note the Trampa hanger is a direct copy of the Scrub boost. Infinty / vertigo is virtually the same hanger as on the boost / boost lite . The only marginal difference is the shape of the weight saving cut out.

Alan_RTH

Post by Alan_RTH » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:25 am

Ian@KentATB wrote:No deck is the best. It all depends what you want out of it. Tramps mbs etc are all great quality.

I ride Trampa vertigo trucks and, have no complaints. I have used them for some fairly challenging freeride. I dont think bending / breaking them is going to be a concern for your average rider. These instances seem to be involved with bad landings on big air.

Yep I've bent a few sets but only ever on bad landings on big air!

Return to “Newbie Q&A”