mbs binding drill template

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

shortlineflyer
Noob

mbs binding drill template

Post by shortlineflyer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:21 am

Does anyone have a copy of the template for drilling holes in an mbs board for f series bindings

I have the Comp 16 green monster. It has carbon fiber stringers running from end to end and I dont want to hit one of the strings when I drill the holes for the plates. Does anyone have experience putting f series bindings on this board

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:43 pm

many including myself have asked for this and ive never seen anyone post up a pic....so good luck and if you do find one PLEASE post it here!
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Alex's Phat Wheelz
Dirty

Post by Alex's Phat Wheelz » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:14 pm

Try and make an accurate guess is what I would do

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Yeah I drilled a green comp16 for F3 bindings. I think I did that back in 2004. And I rode that thing again a week ago. No problem whatsoever. So drill, baby drill!

Actually I would advise you to get on the board, setup the bindings around your feet, mark the holes once, and before you drill, start over and do it all over again. There's a good chance you won't end up with the same position. So... take your time!

Oh you might want to countersink the screws so you keep a smooth base. I didn't have much of a problem with that either, except that after a while the screws would get a little loose because the heads were sinking in further down. I just took them out and added some epoxy glue in there to make up for the missing material. All good!

shortlineflyer
Noob

Post by shortlineflyer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:10 am

oh thank you

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:11 pm

enough is enough, had a power cut to day so i found myself with the time and so...measured the bindings placements.

this if for your left foot. obviously you mirror this for the right.

its a bit of a mess ill tidy it up at some point. feel free to ask if something is unclear
Attachments
CCI07012013_0000.jpg
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Return to “Newbie Q&A”