Pad Recomendations

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

DamoH
Noob

Pad Recomendations

Post by DamoH » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:56 am

Ok, so I've just bought my first mountainboard and with no previous experience riding boards of any sort, I'm expecting to fall....a lot! So I'm gunna get a full set of pads. Can anyone recomend any? Not looking to spend a fortune, but I don't want rubbish so I'm happy to spend a bit.

I've already got a bmx style lid that I think will be ok, and some bmx gloves that I plan to use. Is it worth getting some new gloves with the plastic inserts?

Thanks, Damian

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:23 am

if by plastic inserts you mean wrist guard then HELL YES, after helmet its the most important pad in my opinion.

anything by 661 is good. and hillbilly wrist guard/gloves seem to be a big favourite. but bullet wrist guards or TSG have served many of us well.

thing that should be on your list

-helemet
-wrist guard
-gloves
-knee pads
-elbow pads
-crash shorts (highly recommended)

some people even go for a spine guard or like a full upper body armer thingy but i think thats a bit much. for your average days riding.

loads of threads about protection though, just type in the search box....
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:10 pm

personally riding with 661 knee gaskets, anarchy elbow pads (worn sometiems), hillbilly full finger gloves and hillbilly butt pads + protec lid.

u may think u might not need the butt pads but i use (fall) on them the most and hitting a root/rock with your tail bone can be no fun. spend a good amount on knee pads too, i lean towards soft ones as opposed to the ones with hard plastic shells.

also when i first rode, i wore mbike gloves and they got pretty shredded despite being high quality ones. alot of people buy basic wristguards and ride with cheap gardening gloves over/under them.
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

_Kryten_
Slightly dirty

Post by _Kryten_ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:45 pm

The One thing i will say that is just as important as having a lid is having wrist gards you break ya wrists and you can't do shit

The 6th degree

Post by The 6th degree » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:00 am

Butt pads are also a pretty good idea.

Return to “Newbie Q&A”