Heel Straps

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

barxx
Slightly dirty

Heel Straps

Post by barxx » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:31 am

Thinking i'm needing a little extra support on the board i'm currently running velcro bindings and whilst i like them and have the adjusted just so to suit me.

I do feel like i could use a bit more at the back and wondered if i can just fit heel straps as an extra or do i need new bindings?

I like the velcro bindings as i don't feel to trapped on the board

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 am

What bindings are you using? I use Scrub velcros with Tramla heels, love it. Preffer them to F3s, F4s, nosno softs, and snowboard bindings.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Mindless velcros pretty much just what was on the board it's just an off the peg board nothing flashy, just kinda wanna know if heelstraps can just be added through exsisiting bolts that hold straps on or do i need some new straps?

Michael
Dirty

Post by Michael » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:32 pm

Are the bindings like this?

If so then it may be fairly hard to find heel strap that fit unless you make your own.
I can do a wheelie on a uni-cycle...

Alex's Phat Wheelz
Dirty

Post by Alex's Phat Wheelz » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:46 pm

Or if you could use heel bungees if your bindings are like the picture above but I don't know if anyone makes them any more or how good they are

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Michael wrote:Image

Are the bindings like this?

If so then it may be fairly hard to find heel strap that fit unless you make your own.

Yep the very same,

So it looks like some new bindings all in then?

Whats everybodys choice?

Not to sure if i'd like to be to glued to the board

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:32 pm

f3s or f4s are good choices. the more u ride the more ul want to be securely fastened to ur board, the last thing u want is to be stepping off your board in a panic or slipping out accidently
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:55 am

Certain heelstraps will work without changing your bindings.
If you want to try heelstraps on the cheap, get yourself a set of these and loop them around the posts, works great: Image

F3s or F4s will be a big step up, but you'll have to drill your board, and there's a good chance you won't place the bindings in the right position. If you're gonna do that, try to get hold of a friend's board with F3s/F4s on it so you can try to replicate the hole positions.

I would use the cheap thing I showed you and start saving for a better board later.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:05 am

trampa, and mbs F bindings drill pattern :)

I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:00 pm

All excellent advice gentlemen.

I was looking at F3/F4 bindings last night definatley the way forward me thinks and thanks for the drill pattern Ben, i'll use it for sure when i can affoerd to upgrade in the mean time i'll go with the cheap and cheerfull advice from Mikael it will help me get used to heel straps in the mean time.

and yep jasper i know what you mean being wanted to be strapped in as it ain't helping the jumps not having me heels in

Ken
Noob

Post by Ken » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:18 am

Buy bungee cords (99p shop) wrap in pipe insulation (diy store or leftover). Then gaffer tape on top then hook onto posts - job done. Had that for years worked a treat and easy and quick to take off and on.

Return to “Newbie Q&A”