MBS Comp 95 or MBS Jeep Regenade?

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

joetherubbersoul
Baby

MBS Comp 95 or MBS Jeep Regenade?

Post by joetherubbersoul » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:31 pm

I Found the Renegade for $75 and the Comp 95 for $200

I want the Renegade because It's a beginners board and cheap so I have money left over

But I also want the Comp 95 because it's a higher skill level board but I won;t any money left AND It MAY be too thin. As the Renegade is thicker.

I plan to mainly Street ride and jump stairs, Do 180s and stuff like that

I don't want the comp to snap, Nor do I want to pass the offer...Help?

LivEviL

Post by LivEviL » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:00 pm

The renegade is a kids board and it will snap get the comp
He's no good to me dead.

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:29 am

You can't go far wrong with the pro, it's a proper board iit wwon't snap if in good nick therefore you won't need the money you save, on the other hand the Jeep is a promo issued for Jeep and they are cars not mountainboards
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Red"]If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough[/color][/SIZE][/font]

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:40 am

Yeah go for the comp 95. It might be a bit flesh but that depends on your wait....also always leave room for progression with your board other wise you will just eventually buy both and that's just false economy.
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Gaz
Slightly dirty

Post by Gaz » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:57 am

Comp 95 all day long. If it is in good condition you won't regret it. Having a good board will help your riding progress faster and it will last longer.

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:33 am

Ben wrote:Yeah go for the comp 95. It might be a bit flesh but that depends on your wait....also always leave room for progression with your board other wise you will just eventually buy both and that's just false economy.

Gaz wrote:Comp 95 all day long. If it is in good condition you won't regret it. Having a good board will help your riding progress faster and it will last longer.

Agree on both counts and you won't believe how much your riding improves in such a short time on a decent set up and the deck makes a huge difference, believe me i've been there, splash the cash and surf the dirt.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Red"]If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough[/color][/SIZE][/font]

Return to “Newbie Q&A”