Crazy ideas

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Ace D
Baby

Crazy ideas

Post by Ace D » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Wow, I could've sword I posted here before. I just got in to check for replies but can't find it anywhere. :\ Hmz, let me try again then. :)

Hey folks, I have a pretty newb question. After wanting to for years (really xD) I finally went mountainboarding last summer (it was awesome :D), but I'm still clueless as to the possibilities with it. I have this crazy idea that I would someday hike up hills or mountains (I like hiking) and roll back down (because I don't like walking down, bad on my knees and all). But I have no clue of what I would be capable of after reasonable amounts of practice. How steep a road should I be able to do(and how big should it be, it seemed like I needed a lot of room to manouver (much more than in snowboarding)), also possible on paths with small rocks or will I instantly destory the tires? Are there any boards that are strong enough but not so heavy they can't be reasonable carried? I like a challenge, but, you know.

I have been going hiking in the alps for many years and wondered this for a long time. I guess some people do this or something like this and would love to hear some experience/opinions on it. :)

Thanks in advance!

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:44 am

good to hear you gave it a go!

First off, yes it is possible.

Where did you try it out at? a centre or just a friends?

with enough practice and skill, most hills should be conquerable. Some mountains you will be generally advised to ride with a brake as some mountain paths do not necissarily have enough room to stop efficiently and promptly, whereas other mountains, probably ones used for skiing could possibly be rode without a break.

As for the tires, they will be fine.
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

Return to “Newbie Q&A”