It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

McCarver
Gringo

WIKI: How to Mountainboard

Post by McCarver » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:18 pm

How to Mountain Board

Edited by Flickety, Amber G., Jonathan E., Zack and 11 others
Have you ever felt the rush going down a mountain on a snowboard? Have you ever wished that it was snowy all year long just so that you can feel that rush? Now with this easy guide you won’t have to snowboard; I’m going to teach you how to Mountain board. Mountain boards can be found at most sporting goods stores and may cost between $50-$300, depending on various factors such as wheel quality, and the brand name. You will also need a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, wrist guards, and possibly a mouth guard depending on the terrain that you’ll be going down.

Steps

1. Image
    Buy a mountain board. Ad
  2. Image
    Get to the top of the mountain or hill that you are going down. While you’re walking up it is important that you scout out the path that you are going to take. It may just be the difference between a bruised leg and a broken leg.

3. 3
    Position the board so that it can’t roll down the mountain without you.
  4. Image
    Strap your feet into the foot binders. Don’t worry, if you followed step two you should stay where you are. If you’re still feeling a bit paranoid try to dig a little hole to put one of the wheels in to steady your board.
  5. Image
    Bend your knees to balance yourself.
  6. Image
    Jump up and land so that your board is pointed down the mountain, but not directly downward, more diagonally to avoid high speeds.
  7. Image
    Lean backwards just little to avoid flipping forward. If you lean to far back you have a good chance of falling on your butt.

8. 8
    Shift your weight onto your heels to go left and your toes to go right. This lets you turn but it also slows you down so you don’t have to use your handbrake as much.
  9. Image
    Avoid hitting rocks or roots they’ll mess you up really bad, not to mention damage your board. For small bumps and rocks etc, the rock shocks on the board should keep you balanced.
  10. Image
    Start braking about ten to twenty feet from your destination to avoid wearing out the brakes too early.
  11. Image
    Stop when you get to the bottom of the hill and congratulate yourself for getting to the bottom of the mountain in one piece, minus the cuts and bruises that you will probably get on the way down.
  12. Image
    Now you get to climb back up the mountain or hill to get your pack and water that you left up there, unless you were smart and carried your stuff with you on the way down.
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:55 am

wow.
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:11 pm

I'm now a pro after reading this
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

Gaz
Slightly dirty

Post by Gaz » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:35 pm

It gets pretty technical near the end but luckily the graphics are awesome.

LivEviL

Post by LivEviL » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:38 am

$50 to $300 fuck I got ripped off :)
He's no good to me dead.

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:20 pm

I went out yesterday and nearly died of dehydration after forgetting step #12

Return to “Newbie Q&A”