Thanks all you beautiful people!

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

tatumvay
Noob

Thanks all you beautiful people!

Post by tatumvay » Wed May 07, 2014 7:45 am

Hello! I've been lurking on here for a while trying to learn and experience mountainboarding!

Did my first couple of rides these past few weeks with the help of ATBA Germany and, with the help of everyone on this forum, a lot of learning has occurred! Anyway, I just bought my first mountainboard last night and I wanted to thank you all for your knowledge and expertise! I will be sure to be more interactive on this forum!

I hope we can meet and ride soon! Happy Wednesday, Mountainboard World!

- Tatum

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Wed May 07, 2014 7:47 am

Another brother to share the stoke with. make sure you show off some pics of your shiny new ride and then make sure you cover it in dirt, mud scratches and good times :)
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

tatumvay
Noob

Post by tatumvay » Wed May 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Thanks, Ben!

My girl and I went with two MBS Comp 95s. Based on what we had available in Germany, our budget and the need to have a board ASAP to ride, these were the best choice! (I was all about the matrix channel trucks when I got a taste of them!)

Can't wait to stomp them out soon!

Cheers!

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Wed May 07, 2014 1:26 pm

ahh that was my first new setup too. many awesome times ahead of you!
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

snowmonco
Dirty

Post by snowmonco » Thu May 08, 2014 2:02 am

Welcome tatumvay. Nice board indeed. Started the same way too :-) But give it a couple of months and you will want to get something stiffer for pop and jib. One thing you will certainly have to change is the nylon L-brackets (if they still ship those with the last model of the Comp 95) for Al ones. After a few runs they start to fell apart pretty quick.
I saw on another thread that you have several snowboards, so expect to follow somewhat a similar way since this too is also addicting.
- Enjoy the Ride -

Return to “Newbie Q&A”