What is the difference in Nosno boards? ?

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

KmBn
Noob

What is the difference in Nosno boards? ?

Post by KmBn » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:12 am

What is with no snoq boards? They look completely different from other boards? &&What are they for? They are pretty price-ie, but I dont hear much about them and yet there are a few for sale on the site???

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:07 am

noSnos are an english designed mountain board . They have a fully composite deck and ali or composite trucks. They dont use kingpins to turn but the axel floats on rubber bushings allowing for greater stability at higher speeds. This also causes them to have a very strong return to center which gives them a reputation of being difficult to turn. At higher speeds this issue dissappears and it all starts making sense :) they work better with snowboard boots for extra control. They are suited more for boarder x or downhill or freeride, due to the increased weight freestyle is normally avoided. Search facebook for the nosno owners club.
leapb4ulook wrote:...... you're a freerider at heart, you've just been infected with freestyle.

KmBn
Noob

Post by KmBn » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:31 pm

Okay, thanks for the tip!
How are they compared to the more common trampa and mbs boards??? Do youhave a preference?

Gaz
Slightly dirty

Post by Gaz » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:32 am

I find no sno a little harder to ride than my mbs. It turns harder and faster but is very unforgiving. Mistakes that you can get away with on a spring truck board can have you face down sliding in the dirt on a no sno. At least thsts how it is for me.

Daleyg3
Dirty

Post by Daleyg3 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:01 am

NoSno's take a lot more time to adjust to what's right for you. But if you want the best brake system for any Mountainboard and or go more than 25mph often, they're the way to go for DH/freeride.

varun
Noob

Post by varun » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:12 pm

I love surfing.Good luck. Once you try surfing (and learn the 'right way') you'll have fun for life.

Return to “Newbie Q&A”