What risks when using footstraps on a DirtSurfer

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

NickReunion
Baby

What risks when using footstraps on a DirtSurfer

Post by NickReunion » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:10 am

I have been riding a DirtSurfer (http://www.dirtsurfer.com/en/products_int.asp?cat=1&subcat=3&id=1) for a few weeks. I have not mounted the footstraps yet because I still practice on gentle grass slopes, and I do not go very fast. Of course I have already noticed that I quickly loose control of the board when speed increases, and when jolts and bumps occur. So I am thinking of using the footstraps provided with the DirtSurfer.
However, I do not feel comfortable with the idea of falling with both legs stuck in a 15 kg anchor, instead of freely glide or roll, as I usually do... Unless the feet can easily escape from the straps (but can they ?), I guess this must be really dangerous for the ankles and for the knees.
What is your opinion about it ?

sir seymour

Post by sir seymour » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:54 am

i prefer to be fully locked in and go down with my ship. the board and your legs form a very strong triangle and i feel leaves you less prone to injury than the bail out method. That being said, you need to be able to scoot start on a dirtsurfer unlike a 4 wheel board so cant fully strap in. One foot coming out and one foot staying in would be pretty grim! i seem to remember being able to jump out of the straps pretty easy on a dirtsurfer (its been 10 years since i last had a go!). You can set them nice and loose to start off with just to give you a little extra support and gradually tighten them as your confidence grows and exit method improves.

varun
Noob

Post by varun » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:18 am

you should be very careful......when surfing

Return to “Newbie Q&A”