If I'll have to get bearings for the wheels and if I do, does the size of them matter

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

seemakm
Noob

If I'll have to get bearings for the wheels and if I do, does the size of them matter

Post by seemakm » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:35 am

If I'll have to get bearings for the wheels and if I do, does the size of them matter?

jackinator
Noob

Post by jackinator » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:56 pm

the size definitely matters, if they are too small or large they either won't go into the hubs or will fall right out, you have to get the right bearings for the axle diameter (inner bearing diameter) and the hub diameter (outer bearing diameter) skateboard bearings are usually cheap but I'm not sure about mountainboard bearings. to my knowledge all mbs trucks take the same bearings except pro matrix. mbs sells bearings, some skate trucks have thicker axles so some skate companies bearings might fit too. You could look for the bearing classification number on the shields, for example 608 is a skateboard bearing, 22mm outer 8mm inner diameter

jackinator
Noob

Post by jackinator » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:38 pm

I'm sorry no one else has responded, just measure your truck axle diameter, and check the inner wheel diameter, it should be 22mm http://shop.mbs.com/accessories-234/mountainboard-wheels/bearings.html

indigo_wolf
Experienced

Post by indigo_wolf » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:41 pm

These are the three dimension that need to be measured:

Outer diameter, inner diameter and bearing width.

All dimensions should match the bearing that you are replacing.

ATB,
Sam

jackinator
Noob

Post by jackinator » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:02 pm

this is from mbs's website. Image

Return to “Newbie Q&A”