Do matrix pro trucks need egg shocks

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

LA mountainboarder
Baby

Do matrix pro trucks need egg shocks

Post by LA mountainboarder » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:17 am

Hey so I'm asking for someone else but he feels like he doesn't have turning power even with the softest egg shocks so we are starting to wonder if there necessary. I've seen a lot of straight spring trucks so I'm wondering if matrixes can work like that.

mario64

Post by mario64 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:09 pm

It does work without the eggs, but then it won't be as stable at speed.
The eggs dampen the rebound of the springs, this adds more resistance but it also reduces speed wobble because the truck isn't trying to bounce around on back and forth when going fast over bumpy terrain.
Perhaps he needs to clean and oil his trucks to loosen them up abit, or on some trucks you can move the springs closer to the axel so the steering is easier. you can even set up matric trucks so its springless or less-spring to make it more stable at speed while retaining good steering.

LA mountainboarder
Baby

Post by LA mountainboarder » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Or maybe he's not going fast enough.

mario64

Post by mario64 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:41 am

Yeah he could be. Also if he's used to riding skate boards then he'll find a matrix truck stiff. The resistance is needed at speed though, if he starts going faster then he'll probably appreciate the added resistance. one of the guys i used to ride with had his board on a really soft setting because he used to skate, but as soon as we went down a proper hill he changed it to make it stiffer.

Return to “Newbie Q&A”