US Elections 2012

A place to rest your bones and lick your wounds after a hard day of riding. Cold beer, good jokes, and general off-topic banter are welcome here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Tom's 180's
Dirty

US Elections 2012

Post by Tom's 180's » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Please America, don't elect Romney. What kind of name is 'mitt' anyhow?

Montana Rider
Slightly dirty

Post by Montana Rider » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:59 pm

voter intimidation isn't legal buddies

Alan_RTH

Post by Alan_RTH » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:24 am

Good job we're both in a different country then, not the either of our statements could be viewed as intimidation in any way!

Whatever we did it must've worked though, well done America!

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:26 am

The world is a safer place! I can go back to sleep.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 am

once you go barrack you can't go back
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

hens162

Post by hens162 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:17 am

deserves it he's way better than mitt
[font="Impact"]:cool:[/font]

parkerbomar

Post by parkerbomar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:45 pm

So who wants to go to colorado!
KCCO - r/bmw
Cheers,
Parker Bomar

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 pm

What's also a good sign other than Mitt being defeated, the legitimate rape, some woman rape so easy, pregnancy from rape is like having a child out of wedlock, pregnancy from rape is gods plan guys were all defeated. Bunch of F**ktards.
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:25 pm

For a country and a population that is better than the rest of the world in so many ways, I cannot understand why your political situation is so weak and backwards. If a political campaign such as Romneys ran in Europe it would be a laughing stock. He'd be like Nick Griffin, get eggs thrown at him and humiliated on national television. Please sort it.

Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:40 pm

When you have a country that someting like 47% believes that the earth is 6/10 thousand years old its actually kind of easy to see. Hard to believe, but easier to see.

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

bigbrudda84
Noob

Post by bigbrudda84 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Come on, women get pregnant because it is pre-ordained by God.
Besides, children have a right to be born, just not healthcare and nutrition.

Earth is flat and the universe revolves around it. And the moon landing was filmed in a secret studio on Earth.

bigbrudda84
Noob

Post by bigbrudda84 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Come on, women get pregnant because it is pre-ordained by God.
Besides, children have a right to be born, just not healthcare and nutrition.

Earth is flat and the universe revolves around it. And the moon landing was filmed in a secret studio on Earth.

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:44 am

And how much did Romney spend on not getting elected? Something like 18 million dollars, wasn't it? Surely that money could have been spent on something better. Democracy in action. I vote for scraping democracy in the top levels of government and replacing it with meritocracy, not just in America, but everywhere.
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 am

We need direct democracy like that of the MAS in Bolivia. Get rid of the political party system, it's a bunch of bull poop.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 am

* Leap, I don't have time to find and compare for the most accurate amount including all the super pac money so the totals are differing to each candidate but one helluva lot more than 18m.
Link
Link

[/SIZE][/color][/color]

Roger knockhill
Dirty

Post by Roger knockhill » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:56 am

it was 800 million !

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:07 am

I've heard about $6 billions were spent overall.
I don't think all countries are much better as far as candidates go (think Putin, Berlusconi even goddamn Sarkozy).
The reason for everything fucked in the US is quite simple: lobbying is legal.

Alan_RTH

Post by Alan_RTH » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:45 pm

I read total expenditure on both campaigns was $3 billion but who really knows??

Although I also read over $2 billion of that was from Romney's side and of that amount over $800 million was Sheldon Adelson, it's nice to know that it wasn't just the guy with the biggest finances that won but even so it's more than a bit fucked that they can waste so much money on crappy campaign ads and slandering each other!

I agree with frenchy on the lobbying, it's too fucked up to even go into! One of those situations that is pretty much too broken to fix at this stage!

markbrosnan78
Dirty

Post by markbrosnan78 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:18 pm

Looked like a rock and a hard place to me. You're gridlocked for another four years because of congress. Vote one side in to lead and one to stop them?

Obama didn't get to do he wanted for four years as he had other people's mess to sort out. Now he's in his legacy period who knows what he'll do but he will probably attempt to repay those who voted him in.

We had a despot do that for 15 years in the biggest con trick of all. That nearly brought our country to our knees but no one saw it coming or more likely didn't want to admit to being fooled. The biggest Emperors new clothes story ever.

I think either way America was going to suffer for the next four years but Obama is probably the lesser of two evils. Good luck to you.
[align=center]Trampa[/align]

[align=center]Allowing even fat blokes to ride since 2000...[/align]

Return to “Surfing Dirt Pub”