Is anyone here a highly trained medic?

A place to rest your bones and lick your wounds after a hard day of riding. Cold beer, good jokes, and general off-topic banter are welcome here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

etchy6

Is anyone here a highly trained medic?

Post by etchy6 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:48 pm

I have a lissfranc injury (the doctor said fraccture but its actually a dislocation).
This is when the metatarsal and the tarsel are pulled apart, involving tendon/ligament damage.

Anyway my surgery was almost a month ago now, and he doctor described to me he had cut through a nerve, which was hard to avoid. This incision is in the top of my foot.

The way to describe the feeling I am unsure about...
On the top of my big toe, it is numb And has been since surgery. If I move my toe my me moving it by hand, there is no pain, however if I move my toe naturally backwards, there is a very sharp stabbing pain. Like needles. Like a tattoo! In fact, it feels like a non stop stream of constant small electric shocks. The pain lasts for about 30 seconds when I put my toe back down.

Now I know this pain is because the nerve has been severed... But, will this pain go after time? I'm still in cast until June. Do nerves fix themselves? Coz if this pain is going to carry on, I'd rather lose the feeling altogether!

Thanks in advance

Dom
Dom Etchells

Dizzy Discos Cheltenham
http://www.dizzydiscoscheltenham.co.uk
on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy-Discos-Cheltenham/284193654942363

Book your disco now, be it a 5th birthday party, an 18th, a 21st or just a special occasion.
07879 402 102
01242 604 067

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:36 pm

Dude, I'm no help here, but this sounds pretty messed up. You should get advice from real people, not random people like us. Good luck with it, it sounds like you're in a bad spot. Don't get too depressed though, I'm sure you can get it sorted. I find that in that type of situation, you want feedback from as many professionals as you can, not just one.

Kiwy
Dirty

Post by Kiwy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:07 am

I only know how basic first aid. for when you know injure yourself or someone next to you. this is something best talked face to face with your doctor. or another doctor.

Return to “Surfing Dirt Pub”