motivation

The channel that more mountainboarders watch. Watch, Share and rate your favorite Mountainboarding Videos from Youtube, Vimeo, and across the interwebs. Post your own original videos for the world to see and our members to rate and comment on.

Moderator: BgSurfer

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:38 am

just a couple of vids i watched off facebook tonight and have inspired me to do an exploration trip into the nz alps this summer and see what i can find, feel like mountainboarding needs to explore the middle of nowhere abit more. been working my arse off this past year and i need a long weekend of riding something exciting or i'm gonna go normal.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/30251324?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/30251324">Ep.5 - In-Tents camping</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/wintervolume">WinterVolume</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

http://www.zapiks.fr/further.html

User avatar
Brennig
Posts: 2411
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Brennig » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:51 am

belac wrote:just a couple of vids i watched off facebook tonight and have inspired me to do an exploration trip into the nz alps this summer and see what i can find, feel like mountainboarding needs to explore the middle of nowhere abit more. been working my arse off this past year and i need a long weekend of riding something exciting or i'm gonna go normal.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/30251324?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/30251324">Ep.5 - In-Tents camping</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/wintervolume">WinterVolume</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

http://www.zapiks.fr/further.html


DANG I love mountains. You're so lucky in NZ, I wish the Alps would move a little close.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:25 am

spent most of my hazy 20s wandering round the welsh mountains, i'd say there just as good, if not better suited to mountainboards (ours are less open grass, more bush and rock). so just get/borrow/carjack a car and go explore, altho by the recent freeride posts you guys have put up that allready seems to be the case:)

jeremy jones / nicolas muller / terge (the second futher link) are a massive inspiration to me, as well as doing mad urban riding and building next level park features they have seen how important it is to take those skills out into the mountains. thats the next logical steps for mountainboard too, first get into summer resorts, then finally go backcountry and change 1 minute park runs for half hour mountain runs that aren't just hooning down the access roads. thats what i'm trying to do over here, get a whole mountain park, belive it or not i've got owners permission, i just need the money to realise the potential now.

User avatar
Brennig
Posts: 2411
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Brennig » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:36 pm

That's how I feel, mountain boarding should get back to boarding down mountains. Yeah, jibbing and freestyle is cool, but there's nothing better than finding a mountain and using only yourself, gravity and your board to get down. That's what I like about snowboarding, they seem to get it just right. Imagine the Art of Flight with less snow and more tires!
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:26 pm

our local kite beach was pretty much closed all last seasson cos of nasty sewage coming back up from earthquake ruptured pipes, but up and running now and this has deffinetly got me in the mood for some afterwork kiteboard missions.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/30130091?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/30130091">Urban Wind Riders</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/pushkiting">PUSH Kiting</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

dwct87

monclerjacken

Post by dwct87 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:56 am

http://www.sale-monclerjacken.com

moncler jackets moncler outlet coach factory outlet coach handbags outlet

Designed the ski down jackets of moncler jackets that can click on mountains,and moncler coats get the global reputation. Compare with the fashion coach handbags outlet poppy, they are all beauty, and both of them are for sale online now at coach factory outlet and moncler outlet.

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:35 pm

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iqCkICXWdWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

now on my bucket list:eek:

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:44 pm

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/life-amazing-rollerman-120008889.html

bucket list starting to get very long. your buggered if you meet a cattelgrid tho:eek:

User avatar
pd2h
Posts: 785
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:44 am

Post by pd2h » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:27 am

belac wrote:<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iqCkICXWdWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

now on my bucket list:eek:


Someone needs to grind that son of a bitch!!! ;)

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:51 pm

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=34353373&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=34353373&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/34353373">Cult Rider</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user7990644">Dominik Kowalski</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:01 pm

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YO3f-4-_NyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

not an awe inspiring vid as such, but the talk of being a proffesional freerider is brilliantly motivating, can't wait till mountainboard gets that way, sod pushing my kids to be lawers and doctors, their gonna be pro freeriders and park builders!

User avatar
Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all
Posts: 2543
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:16 pm

Both are excellent videos Belac, really enjoyed the longboard one, The riding, the B&W and the music made it awesome
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "
__________________

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:02 pm

bought myself a snazzy downhill board about half a year ago, got out on it about 3 times max apart from skating it round the campus i work on like a poser:p. so one of the many new years resaloutions is to get good at longboarding. just need to get my colman slides at speed and i'm ready to takle something a bit bigger than my training hill. we've got some incredible roads to hit locally.

this hill is just down the road from me and even tho i drive like a nutter i feel sketchy hitting this at more than 50 cos of all thehairpins, cattlegrids, gravel and earthquake damage that changes daily. these lads are probley hitting 85 at times. just insane.

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=34163754&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=34163754&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/34163754">Banks - Not Your Average Family Hill.</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/humans">Alex Bowater</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:50 am

tried embeding this but doesn't seem to work. http://video.mpora.com/watch/5Pgs2slxu/ looking at costs of getting to tahitti for next holiday allready.

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:52 am

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CpDM4crFir4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stealing of facebook. noticed one of the coments below this vid says "this guy sucks at sucking", pretty much sums it up.

User avatar
Wyoming Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 897
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Wyoming Adrenaline Junkie » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:39 pm

Yeah deeper is pretty impressive, I know the jones brothers their company Teton Gravity Research is based here in jackson. Jeremy is the only one who snowboards.

User avatar
McCarver
Gringo
Posts: 11231
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by McCarver » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:21 pm

belac wrote:<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iqCkICXWdWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

now on my bucket list:eek:


that looks like a lot of fun
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:45 pm

doesn't it just?!
when i first got chating to the farmer who owns the land i'm using he'd just taken his kids down to a concrete luge track down south (we've got about 3 in nz) and was trying to get me to agree to build one across all his property as well. the airstrip itself sits at 420m;) high, but the mountain side he owns goes even higher, and all the way back down to the sea. so if anyone wants to build a 15km track like the one above get in contact.:p

jones is pretty mental ay, this is him and hitting our local slopes stair, when you stand with them in front of you relise there is no possible way to do what he does without pcp or nads of lead.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3AQSz2xPies" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and the teton films are fully inspirational, your very lucky to live where you do, its a gold mine of creativity at the moment. i read the other day that they are adapting the films into tv series, i'd have been such a better board rider by now if i'd grown up watching next level riding on tv rather than knight rider and he-man:p, lucky kids of toaday. what sort of seasson are you having this year in jackson then WAJ? i heard all the boarders are heading to europe as the snows puking epicly over there this year. our last seasson was pretty tame, apart from a few short staying dumps. i only made it out 4 times, working to hard:(.

User avatar
Wyoming Adrenaline Junkie
Posts: 897
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Wyoming Adrenaline Junkie » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:52 pm

belac wrote:doesn't it just?!
when i first got chating to the farmer who owns the land i'm using he'd just taken his kids down to a concrete luge track down south (we've got about 3 in nz) and was trying to get me to agree to build one across all his property as well. the airstrip itself sits at 420m;) high, but the mountain side he owns goes even higher, and all the way back down to the sea. so if anyone wants to build a 15km track like the one above get in contact.:p

jones is pretty mental ay, this is him and hitting our local slopes stair, when you stand with them in front of you relise there is no possible way to do what he does without pcp or nads of lead.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3AQSz2xPies" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and the teton films are fully inspirational, your very lucky to live where you do, its a gold mine of creativity at the moment. i read the other day that they are adapting the films into tv series, i'd have been such a better board rider by now if i'd grown up watching next level riding on tv rather than knight rider and he-man:p, lucky kids of toaday. what sort of seasson are you having this year in jackson then WAJ? i heard all the boarders are heading to europe as the snows puking epicly over there this year. our last seasson was pretty tame, apart from a few short staying dumps. i only made it out 4 times, working to hard:(.


Yeah man, so basically the past 3 to 4 days we've gotten about 5 feet of snow. predicting 3 more by tuesday. its as good as anywhere here now. biggest storm ive seen in my life.

It has been about waist deep everywhere out of bounds and even some spots in bounds... It couldnt get any better and i cant remember in my recent past when it was this good.

I almost died today in an avalanche pretty scary.

User avatar
belac
Old timer
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:08 am

Post by belac » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:47 am

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/36324954?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/36324954">Untitled</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user10331421">Dylan Stencil</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

a wee bit of motivation for you

Post Reply

Return to “Surfing Dirt Tv”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest