motivation

The channel that more mountainboarders watch. Watch, Share and rate your favorite Mountainboarding Videos from Youtube, Vimeo, and across the interwebs. Post your own original videos for the world to see and our members to rate and comment on.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:18 am

the word 'Epic' is so over used. thanks for sharing that. awe inspiring!
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 pm

http://tinyurl.com/MustBeNicePremiere

the new DC film witch is online for free for the next 8 hours apparently. been looking forward to this one.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 pm

http://www.allisports.com/dew-tour/event/san-francisco-2012/video/godaddycom-bmx-dirt-best-trick-highlights

apparently that madness at the end is called a frontflip cliffhanger. makes me wander whats possible on a more verty mountainboard jump/landing.

didn't end up thinking much of the new DC film posted above, good riding but film just seemed abit done before, not up to the mtnlab class. tonights inspiration comes from forum instead, will see if thats any better:
http://nzsnowboard.com/2012/10/full-movie-forum-forum-snowboards/

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:19 am

Hey I was there for that Dew tour thing, thanks to Kody the man!
The show was really impressive. And you could tell the riders were having fun.

Not a fan of mountain dew, but that was a great show.

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:24 am

Oh and Forum movies always seem so serious to me, meh
Smile, you dicks!

evilc

Post by evilc » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:35 pm

belac wrote:http://www.allisports.com/dew-tour/event/san-francisco-2012/video/godaddycom-bmx-dirt-best-trick-highlights

apparently that madness at the end is called a frontflip cliffhanger. makes me wander whats possible on a more verty mountainboard jump/landing.

I think I preferred the second place trick (01:10) - it took me a couple of watches to work out what the hell he was doing - Mind bending.
(Work in Progress) Board buying guide

My Rides

Main:
TK Pro deck | F3 bindings | FX heelstraps | Rockstar Pro hubs | T1 tyres | Trampa Vertigo trucks w/ Titanium kingpins | Less Spring mod | Yellow Trampa Dampas | Stainless steel fixings upgrade

Spare / Loaner:
Trampa 16 ply 35 deg long deck | Talon II bindings | FX heelstraps | Manhick cast metal triskpoke wheels | Scrub Alu trucks | Green Trampa Dampas | ABS brake kit

evilc

Post by evilc » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Mikael wrote:Oh and Forum movies always seem so serious to me, meh
Smile, you dicks!

I dunno, I think I might be a bit serious if I were gonna snowboard vertically down a 3 storey building...
Damned crazy trick, especially with the way they dropped in - when watching i thought it was a bit risky you would carry too much horizontal speed into it, and in the bails reel they showed someone doing exactly that - he was lucky to get away with it.
(Work in Progress) Board buying guide

My Rides

Main:
TK Pro deck | F3 bindings | FX heelstraps | Rockstar Pro hubs | T1 tyres | Trampa Vertigo trucks w/ Titanium kingpins | Less Spring mod | Yellow Trampa Dampas | Stainless steel fixings upgrade

Spare / Loaner:
Trampa 16 ply 35 deg long deck | Talon II bindings | FX heelstraps | Manhick cast metal triskpoke wheels | Scrub Alu trucks | Green Trampa Dampas | ABS brake kit

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Sure. I'd be scared as fuck. But yet there are people that have fun doing that shit, I'd rather see those, but they're never on the Forum team.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:59 pm

think you must have friends in high places mikael, they've just decided to shut down forum. (makes mental note not to take the piss out of frenchy again)
"NZsnowboard.com via Transfer Snowboard Magazine
Some MASSIVE news in the Snowboarding world from Burton Snowboards. They're making some major changes to their game and as a result they are closing down Forum Snowboards, Special Blend & Foursquare, as well as making other changes to their other brands."

i do agree with you a bit on the over serious thing, it can get abit boring when people sliding down a big hill on a plank take themselfs seriously, but damn they've got some style. kinda the same with death skateboards in the begining, but its all part of the promotion.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:01 pm

I think I preferred the second place trick (01:10) - it took me a couple of watches to work out what the hell he was doing - Mind bending.

its tech vr's balls i think. both are worthy.

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:29 am

belac wrote:think you must have friends in high places mikael, they've just decided to shut down forum. (makes mental note not to take the piss out of frenchy again)
"NZsnowboard.com via Transfer Snowboard Magazine
Some MASSIVE news in the Snowboarding world from Burton Snowboards. They're making some major changes to their game and as a result they are closing down Forum Snowboards, Special Blend & Foursquare, as well as making other changes to their other brands."

i do agree with you a bit on the over serious thing, it can get abit boring when people sliding down a big hill on a plank take themselfs seriously, but damn they've got some style. kinda the same with death skateboards in the begining, but its all part of the promotion.

Death skateboards are sick now though, went to the premier of their vid the other day, its really sick, some kewl parts in there. Jackson and Melchers part was somewhat disapointing, but some other parts that were amazing.
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:31 am

Let's hope they're investing in making mountain boards :D or maybe not :(
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:50 am

belac wrote:think you must have friends in high places mikael, they've just decided to shut down forum. (makes mental note not to take the piss out of frenchy again)

Damn that sucks, I hope it's for the better...?

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:35 am

when addidas and nike now have teams and product its not a suprise that the pure snowboard companys might have to tighten belts.
you get alot of companys like toilet cleaners and pet foods and cars that are owned by the same big company but still pretend to be in competition, always seems mad to me. but maybe now the forum riders will have to ride for smilie crews instead. there was a funny burton vrs forum vid done down here driving round the club fields a few years back i'll see if i can track it down later.

and jasper, i love the death films, just have a touch of drama added sometimes that seems to be part of the marketing. some of the best skating out theree tho. really looking foward to the new film, its gonna be played in a little theater here soon as part of a small film festy, hope to go and see it there then go twat myself trying to rember how to skate bowls.

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:18 pm

bit of a spoiler if your looking foward to watching resonance, but i probley won't get the chance any time soon to see it and love nicolas mullers fun big mountain riding style. 5 years this is is where mountainboarding will be.

http://onboard.mpora.com/featuredcontent/nicolas-muller-absinthe-resonance-full-part.html

The 6th degree

Post by The 6th degree » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 am

Just missing a mountainboarder :(

http://youtu.be/M0jmSsQ5ptw

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 am

http://www.redbull.com/en/bike/stories/1331578797557/mtb-is-all-around-exclusive-360-video

really clever tech behind this vid (hold your mouse key down and move it about abit), can't quite figure out how its done as yet. guess in a few years time bordercross vids will be 360 panning, think it would look pretty dope.

McCarver
Gringo

Post by McCarver » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:18 am

i'd guess a crapload of gopros on one helmet. If you point the camera straight down you can see the helmet of the guy filming is fake and hiding something for sure. Very cool technology, I remember seeing this used at a party or concert or something quite a few years back.
Like us on facebook for even more Mountainboardy Goodness https://www.facebook.com/surfingdirt

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:27 pm

yeah i did wander if that helmet was a fake. good way of hiding the magic i spose.

alltho this one is older tech (about two thirds thru the vid you can see shadow of some wierd looking pyramid frame their using) i prefer the follow cam rather than the rider perspective of the redbull one. panning hard when they hit big gaps and in the pipe worked really well. now imagine that with either imax or 3d:eek:
http://pointofrelease.com/videos/interactive-360-degree-ski-snow-edit-yellowbird/

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 pm

That video is so cool, lots of potential.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

Return to “Surfing Dirt Tv”