My Nompa's First Clean Technical Run

The channel that more mountainboarders watch. Watch, Share and rate your favorite Mountainboarding Videos from Youtube, Vimeo, and across the interwebs. Post your own original videos for the world to see and our members to rate and comment on.

Moderator: BgSurfer

Daleyg3
Dirty

My Nompa's First Clean Technical Run

Post by Daleyg3 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:19 pm

So much effort and time went into making my Nompa, was pretty chuffed when I got down my local cleeve hill breakers track, including the tight right hander toeside. The amount of adjustments was starting to piss me off but this was a first pump whilst riding moment :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lEIkCRHKnM8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wouldn't have got to this stage without Brennig & Roger's help! Any questions, fire them.

Ben
Old timer

Post by Ben » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:40 am

Awesome work. Well done
I strive to ride as much as a go on http://www.surfingdirt.com/forum

Gaz
Slightly dirty

Post by Gaz » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Nice vid, looks like it rides well now.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:07 pm

To begin with you feel like the Nompa might be complete shit, and wonder why you bothered wasting time and money on it when commercial boards are good enough as they are. But the more you ride it, the more tinkering you do, the better it gets. Then suddenly it just feels perfect, stability, cornering, grip, slide control, smoothness. You can feel the wheels gripping the ground, everything is going great and the only thing holding you back is your ability. Don't think I could ever go back to a 'normal' board, haven't made any adjustments to my nompa for a year now, can't think of anything to make it better. Might change the tyres, and use the super-bushings once I can find someone to cut them for me.

Glad to hear the board is going well, it should start to feel better and better the more you ride it. The Nompa Legion grows ....
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

kitemechanics
Noob

The Kite Mechanics angle

Post by kitemechanics » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:54 am

Kite Mechanics have taken on a similar project, the aim is for a board that is super tough that handles well at speed, at home to freeride freestyle and more than light enough for kite based activity. We created a Nosno specific deck with the magic number kick at 27.5 degree. The deck itself is a unique layup pattern to support the working of the Nosno trucks of high quality carbon and kevlar fibre with epoxy. This makes for an ultra strong, ultra light chassis to mount the monumental Nosno trucks to. This is pre final trim, drill and flowcoat so dont be put off by the current finnish as this was mocked up for initial testing. After some initial testing all i can say is wow!! The ride is amazing just like a nosno but half the weight!! weight with 9inch strikers and primo hubs also mbs ratchets is just a touch over 6.5kg and with mbs hubs and 8inch boots its not to much over 5kg. You can follow our project on http://www.facebook.com/kitemechanics if you like what you see
Attachments
20140102_173638[1].jpg
20131216_180633[1].jpg
20131216_181057[1].jpg
20140102_173358[1].jpg

Daleyg3
Dirty

Post by Daleyg3 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:10 am

Where are the bushing seats on your Nompa? I can't see any drilling so that means it won't turn?

kitemechanics
Noob

Post by kitemechanics » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:29 am

We have used a separate bush guide of spread tow carbon for a nice look to create a bush guide which is bonded to the deck not shown in the picture as this was take post cutting of the truck guides for mock up. When I have flow coated the final product i will post some more detail and pics and a video or two. The deck itself weighs 1500g and is suitable for 110kg plus rider, i will be making some final adjustments to the deck to make it a perfect ride for my 85kg which should take the weight down by a couple of hundred grams more. This is one i am keeping for myself and is probably one of my favourite custom's so far!! ;0)

kitemechanics
Noob

Post by kitemechanics » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:33 am

ps this is no Nompa, the deck is a Kite Mechanics 27.5 degree custom carbon and kevlar beast!

Return to “Surfing Dirt Tv”