what deck for tall riders?

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

buggley

what deck for tall riders?

Post by buggley » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:22 pm

i was looking over pictures trying to figure out why my form sucks and i noticed that most shorter riders have a more pronounced and open form when they jump and grab and trick out, while in all my pics i have a very tight drwan in grab every time and it looks like crap if i try to bone out.
i was looking at the stance i both the shorter riders and mine and noticed my feet are the same distance apart as thiers. who makes a boar long enough to get my feet apart but narrow enough an light enough to jump and free style with or is it one with out the other? i think less knee bending would really help with grabs and style but i dont know who makes a deck for skinny tall guys that dont weigh 250+ lbs.?
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

OldDirtyBastard

Post by OldDirtyBastard » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:31 pm

[color="Sienna"]hey bud im 6' 3" and My Akoni Kama Pro works great for me i think its the longest deck you can buy
[/color]ImageImageImage
ImageImage
[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"][color="Sienna"]Save a deck, ride a dirtboarder.[/color][/SIZE][/font]

buggley

Post by buggley » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:41 pm

is it longer then a long trampa?
"from now on the only one im pimpin is sweet lady propane and im trick n her out all over this town" hank hill

evilc

Post by evilc » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:50 pm

A Trampa long is 960mm, so yes.
I think the longest MBS is 100 (ie a TK) so the AK would be longer than any MBS I suppose.
(Work in Progress) Board buying guide

My Rides

Main:
TK Pro deck | F3 bindings | FX heelstraps | Rockstar Pro hubs | T1 tyres | Trampa Vertigo trucks w/ Titanium kingpins | Less Spring mod | Yellow Trampa Dampas | Stainless steel fixings upgrade

Spare / Loaner:
Trampa 16 ply 35 deg long deck | Talon II bindings | FX heelstraps | Manhick cast metal triskpoke wheels | Scrub Alu trucks | Green Trampa Dampas | ABS brake kit

Flyguy0101
Noob

Post by Flyguy0101 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Buggley, shameless plug but I have a conflict deck for sale and it is the same size as the ak pro. I got it for kiting and just switched to a short trampa board. Don't know how it compares to the long tramps but is a lot longer than the trampa short
Scott
Ps never did make it to Canaan to snow kite last season maybe this coming winter. Did get out their for some back country tele which was awesome

buggley

Post by buggley » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:02 pm

are you in wv?

Flyguy0101
Noob

Post by Flyguy0101 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:38 am

Buggley- I am in VA about 2 hrs from canaan. I was guessing that you were surfwv on the kite forum. no?

OldDirtyBastard

Post by OldDirtyBastard » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:39 am

[color="Sienna"]hey buggley have you ever tried drilling new holes in your deck for a wider stance?[/color]
[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="3"][color="Sienna"]Save a deck, ride a dirtboarder.[/color][/SIZE][/font]

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:06 am

OldDirtyBastard wrote:[color="Sienna"]hey buggley have you ever tried drilling new holes in your deck for a wider stance?[/color]

Yea, How did that Patrol feel when you rode it? I widened the stance on that. I always just use two bolts (caddy corner) when I use snowboard bindings, try moving your bindings out using your outer holes on the deck on the inside holes of your bindings (before drilling more holes) .That should give you like a 3' wider stance.
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

buggley

Post by buggley » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Flyguy0101 wrote:Buggley- I am in VA about 2 hrs from canaan. I was guessing that you were surfwv on the kite forum. no?

nope im just buggley every where i go. i bet that fella might be ridewv on here

buggley

Post by buggley » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:46 pm

sounds like a wisp trip is needed soon with so many va ma and pa riders

angrysurfer
Dirty

Post by angrysurfer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Im 6 foot 3 and use a tom k deck redrilled with a wider stance, and I know a few other people that do too. Works for us!

DirtDave
Experienced

Post by DirtDave » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:05 pm

im 6' ad weigh 200lbs I ride the Edge which is the same as the Patrol but has carbon fiber in it to stiffen the flex, I really like the way the Conflict rides as well though
stylezofnz wrote: (will throw in a free blowy to sweeten the deal :D)

bassist21685
Noob

Post by bassist21685 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 pm

im 6'8" @240lbs, i guess its considered "vintage" but iv been riding a mbs comp 26 for the last 8 years or so... you should track one of them down, its super responsive, great pop, still manuverable for sharp turns, but has a very stable stance. i love it.

OldDirtyBastard

Post by OldDirtyBastard » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:44 am

[color="Sienna"]fk bassist i bet ur one of the tallest riders in the world O.o [/color]

buggley

Post by buggley » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:25 pm

where can i get the AK deck at? i have every thing eles i need i just need a deck

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:35 pm

It might be easier to find a Conflict. Actually a lot easier since Flyguy has one for sale
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

buggley

Post by buggley » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:28 pm

i cant get it any time soon, we are in the process of getting a house loan so asking to spend money is a bad idea. i was just building up my list so when the cash is freed up i know what and where to buy

OldDirtyBastard

Post by OldDirtyBastard » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:09 pm

[color="Sienna"]I think i can get the number for the guys at groundindustries for you i know they have been having some website problems as of late. I was gonna buy a conflict but AK told me to wait for the pro to come out im glad i did because the pro has a carbon fiber, wood and foam core the carbor fiber gives the deck extra rigidity and pop. i compare mine to like jumping on a trampoline cause when you jump it really launches you into the air. the conflict is less stiff and is made with foam and wood :P[/color]

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”