riding skate parks

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

wayne74
Slightly dirty

riding skate parks

Post by wayne74 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Does anyone have any info/advise on riding skate parks i know i need high tyre pressures my hubs will take ipto 100psi but not sure how high i can push my trsmpa treads have been running them at 50psi but woulc like to run higher. Any advise would be appreciated

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:09 pm

Yeah, definitely pump your tyres up, or get some atom wheels.

Your park has loads of space between features so it might be worth learning some flatland tricks like pivots, one-foot stuff, and MJ's rather than anything big in the half pipe.

As for dropping in, try to practice pivoting on your toe-side rear wheel so you feel it roll over the coping. It's much smoother than jumping in and will give you more pump and more speed. Learn it on small features first, or even off a kerb, and then take to the halfpipe.

Some people say you should have your trucks pretty loose to help you get out of trouble on messy drop-ins, and some people say you should have your trucks really tight so all your momentum goes forward and isn't wasted wobbling from side-to-side.
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

Kiwy
Dirty

Post by Kiwy » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Tires pumped, just enough to feel hard when you press on them (you'll find out your ideal skatepark pressure soon anyway)
Compared to skateboarding we have an advantage: we can jump to stabilize after a bad drop.
I advise not to use straps. They'll be a bigger nuisance than help,except if you're doing heavy stuff like flips or big spins and you really need to stay with your board.
Also try not to tighten your bindings up to the max. You'll need to move your feet a lot in the binding or in and out. This helps me tremendously in parks since I'm more mobile and i'm able to bail.

dirtpie
Noob

Post by dirtpie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Get your legs in shape and utilize every transition and slope in the park.

BDirthead
Experienced

Post by BDirthead » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:53 pm

Pump up your tires, and learn to get the maximum power from your weight in every downward transition. With lots of practice, you too will be blasting air at your local skatepark :)

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”