Trampa Deck

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

SpinDR
Noob

Trampa Deck

Post by SpinDR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:25 pm

I'm not a new rider, but I am looking at getting a Trampa deck and have some questions.
I'm looking at getting the 35 degree long 17 ply board.
I'm 6'1" and weigh 185 pounds. I have a Pro 95 Leafe right now and am looking for a fairly stiff deck. Still want some flex for freestyle, but looking at it primarily for downhilling.
I'm wondering what ply I should go with first of all. after doing conversions, 16 or 17 is the direction I'm looking at.
I'm going to get it pre-drilled to save some hassle, and grip tape at time of purchase.
How easy do these work with Matrix Pro's and F4's?
Any advise would be appreciated.

Dogwalker

Post by Dogwalker » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Never actually owned one myself, but I've seen that people have used Trampa decks with MBS components with no hassle. Trampa drill their decks the same as MBS, except for the Holey Pro deck which only fits Trampa's hole pattern. As for the bindings, you shouldn't run into any problems either. As for deck stiffness, I think 16 ply would work well since you want a little flex. Also, I think if you had a little more flex it would absorb the bumps better when downhilling. You should probably get some advice from someone who's got a Trampa deck though. :D
Uganda - Only a mountainboard can handle it :cool:

markbrosnan78
Dirty

Post by markbrosnan78 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm a little bit less than you weight wise and the same height and I ride a 35 short 15 ply. I used to be 20 stone and ride a 35 long 17 ply. You'll struggle to get flex out of the 17 long at your weight. Probably best to go for the 16 if you want some flex.

I'm fairly certain as said above its a straight swap for MBS parts on Trampa decks but the best thing to do is email them. Ted's email address is ted@trampaboards.com. They will answer any question you've got and can produce anything you want from a blank deck.

Have a good chat with them and they'll be able to point you in the best direction.
[align=center]Trampa[/align]

[align=center]Allowing even fat blokes to ride since 2000...[/align]

SpinDR
Noob

Post by SpinDR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks. Wanted to get some info from trampa riders before going any further. They tore down the freestyle parks, so I've been doing a lot of bombing lately, and want a longer deck. I hate the graphic on the TK2 so willing to switch brand to get a high level with something I'll like graphic wise

LivEviL

Post by LivEviL » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:59 pm

SpinDR wrote:I'm not a new rider, but I am looking at getting a Trampa deck and have some questions.
I'm looking at getting the 35 degree long 17 ply board.
I'm 6'1" and weigh 185 pounds. I have a Pro 95 Leafe right now and am looking for a fairly stiff deck. Still want some flex for freestyle, but looking at it primarily for downhilling.
I'm wondering what ply I should go with first of all. after doing conversions, 16 or 17 is the direction I'm looking at.
I'm going to get it pre-drilled to save some hassle, and grip tape at time of purchase.
How easy do these work with Matrix Pro's and F4's?
Any advise would be appreciated.

Trampa Long 35 is 37.8 in
MBS Pro100 is 39.4 in
MBS Pro95 is 37.4 in

So the Trampa is only .4in longer than your Pro95. Also matrix pros and F4s will work with the Trampa deck. If you are looking to get the HolyPro deck the matrix pros will not work because of the whole pattern on the deck. Also go with a 17 ply
He's no good to me dead.

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:02 pm

They measure board lengths wrong! They should have two measurments, the distance between the inner truck holes (like they do on longboards) and the distance between the inner binding posts.

Theoretically you could have a board a mile long, a wheel base of 2 inches and a foot platform of 8 inches. I've put my foot down and I'm bringing an end to this monstrosity!
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

SpinDR
Noob

Post by SpinDR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 pm

I'm interested in the length from tip to tip. My stance is fine on my pro 95.. its just i want a longer wheel base to run off of, so I need a bit longer deck with th 35degree nose to mount my trucks to
And if they are only a half inch longer then its just not worth it to go with them. Might look up a more old school MBS board thats longer. or redrill one of my blade decks for Matrix trucks.

Alex's Phat Wheelz
Dirty

Post by Alex's Phat Wheelz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Trampa is the way to go if you ask me but what I can say is that larger ply trampa decks can be very heavy but if you want a fairly stiff deck that is going to be your best option.

LivEviL

Post by LivEviL » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 pm

SpinDR wrote:I'm interested in the length from tip to tip. My stance is fine on my pro 95.. its just i want a longer wheel base to run off of, so I need a bit longer deck with th 35degree nose to mount my trucks to
And if they are only a half inch longer then its just not worth it to go with them. Might look up a more old school MBS board thats longer. or redrill one of my blade decks for Matrix trucks.

Try to get yourself a GI Conflict deck and drill it for matrix or get a MBS Leon Bomber
He's no good to me dead.

SpinDR
Noob

Post by SpinDR » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Yeah think I'm just going to end up looking for an older MBS 100 or Comp Pro 16 something along those lines. I could probably get my hands on one of the Leon models fairly easily.

Return to “Newbie Q&A”