Matrix Trucks lite.

Everything happens here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

joetherubbersoul
Baby

Matrix Trucks lite.

Post by joetherubbersoul » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:11 pm

I want to know if this is normal or if MBS just made bad trucks.

So, I got my first mountainboard a while ago and love the fact that the trucks had some spring suspensions. I've gotten alot better now (I freestyle BTW) and noticed, an unsafe, Annoying flaw. MY SPRINGS KEEP FALLING OUT.

The first time this happened was when I jumped onto a curb and 180'ed off. The springs then proceeded to fall apart. I put them back in and replaced the lost screw. The 2nd time was when I jump a 5 stairs and it happened again. but a different screw came out. Put it back together and kept going until on the same day. It happened AGAIN after going down a hill, I turned and FLING went the spring. I lost another screw in a different place. I went home with a floppy truck with the parts. Went to go repair in my garage. I had a small piece that held the spring in place, Hit it against a table and I dropped it. Now, I can't find it. Look everywhere for that stupid small part but MBS doesn't even sell them. What do you guys think about getting good old, Plain skate trucks? Cause I'm tired of that crap... Can't even ride it to school, I have to use my longboard and that's only for bombing...

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:44 pm

Do your trucks have all the parts there are supposed to? Each spring should have a top hat at both ends of the spring and then screws to hold the top hats in place. The bottom screw is a little one that holds the bottom top hat to the axle, and the top screw is a long one that goes from the top top hat, through the trucks, and sticks out through the deck. These are the adjuster screws and they need to be wound down a bit so they don't fall out.

Can you show us a photo of your trucks.
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

*WiL*

Post by *WiL* » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:31 am

Not normal. Parts are generally reliable but obviously prone to the odd manufacturing errors, also how & what u ride will affect longevity! If it's a fairly new board MBS should be able to advise.. (or get some of these or these :)

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:00 am

This might help too: Mountainboard Maintenance Guide
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

Mikael
Old timer

Post by Mikael » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:44 pm

A picture would help, but it sounds like you either had the wrong parts in the first place, put them back together the wrong way, or lost something.

The only time I lost a spring was when I rode ultra loose trucks with no eggs in them, and old springs. Should not happen nowadays.

Michael
Dirty

Post by Michael » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:16 am

this happened to a friend of mine, make sure you crank down the bolts of the truck so they are touching the egg.
I can do a wheelie on a uni-cycle...

Jasper

Post by Jasper » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:33 am

this happens to me every now and then, but i ride flipped trucks and the tension screw isnt exactly cranked down as i have trampa dampas in.
My site: [color="Red"]OneDayMedia[/color]

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:12 pm

The springs don't really do that much it's the dampers that do all the work, i know a few guys who ride without them (with the help of conversion kits) they are all top class boarders. the lad who makes the kits stopped doing them a while ago but is thinking of starting them again due to new intrest
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Red"]If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough[/color][/SIZE][/font]

Return to “Surfing Dirt Main Forum”