newb help

It's ok to ask beginner questions here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

daxmatt
Noob

newb help

Post by daxmatt » Wed May 07, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi there I'm about to ask the most done to death thing here so my apologies I have read all I can but my head feels like it's about to explode, im wanting to get into mountain boarding with my daughter we both skate/longboard to average ability can carve hills and slide but we're wanting to do a bit of mountain boarding, the thing is I ain't the lightest of guys so just wanting to know what to go for been looking and it's probably going to be mbs comp 16 or have seen a mbs atom ? what's the other options as I see a lot of mbs for sale but is the weight limit the same on all comp 16s I'm over 6 ft and 15 and a half stone, also are they all the same length and width, for my daughter she is 8yrs what would be a good board for her make model length width preferably braked but not essential, we have some good grass hills but also some woods with hard packed surface so plenty to go at, any help greatly appreciated

Cheers matt

Erich
Slightly dirty

Post by Erich » Thu May 08, 2014 3:32 pm

The Comp 16 would be good for you. not the original green one but the others with newer components. They are branded as comp 16 pro models. The atom boards are for kids so you could consider one for your 8 year old.
I live cement. I hate this street. Give dirt to me.

Erich
Slightly dirty

Post by Erich » Thu May 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Leon pro, comp 16 pro, and comp 16 with eagle and blue graphic are all good. The two with the word pro have RCC construction.
I live cement. I hate this street. Give dirt to me.

daxmatt
Noob

Post by daxmatt » Fri May 09, 2014 3:08 am

That's great cheer guys

sir seymour

Post by sir seymour » Sat May 10, 2014 10:37 am

where abouts are you based? Most riders are happy to share the love and let people have a try of different kit before you take the plunge and fork out for a board.

daxmatt
Noob

Post by daxmatt » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:59 am

Well it took a while but finally got sorted, a comp 16 arrived in the post this morning and I'm very pleased with it any concerns over quality are gone, pleased with what I paid for it as it looks like it's hardly done anything can't wait to get out on it now

Return to “Newbie Q&A”