anyone in western NY? (585)

Post, review and find ride spots in your area.

Moderator: BgSurfer

will_shred

anyone in western NY? (585)

Post by will_shred » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:27 pm

western NY, Monroe county or Ontario county area

dirt_warrior
Noob

Post by dirt_warrior » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:43 am

No, but you should head down to Canton PA on Saturday. Its going to be an awesome day of riding and racing.

Allthingsextreme
Noob

Post by Allthingsextreme » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:21 am

there most certainly IS a lift accessed riding spot in WNY!!! its called swain resort!!! i board there all the time man

not IDEAL for a boarder but DEFINITELY worth going. my only complaints are that:
1) i am the ONLY mountain boarder that goes there so there arent any ATB specific features such as grind rails, and many of the other features are that spaced plank crap and are placed on such a small down hill gradient that u cant get enough speed to use them properly cuz of the damn spaces between planks.
2) compared to a lot of other places that ive hiked up to get a few rides in cuz there closer, there is a LOT of rocks in SOME places at swain. not anything unridable, and the important places like the single track and anything with features is rock free
3) they dont mow the 'snowboard runs" (open field) cuz bikers dont give a damn about open fields. mostly all single track cept for a few wide woods runs and a couple suitable, but still un-mowed field runs, for lack of a better term. thats my smallest complaint though b/c i dont care all that much about it either. it would be nice to take a few relaxed open field runs once in a while but w/e, the important stuff is there.
4) only 1 lift n its slow
5) theyre only open 1 weekend a month, so pre-planning is a must

its a great park considering its the ONLY one in WNY, or NY in general that i know of with summer lift access. the entire park is ridable for us, theres not even 1 run thats partially uphill or just too low gradient to move properly. most of its pretty steep actually. im a brake rider and i have NO choice in this park. with the rocks on the wider park, and the narrowness of the single track, there is no such thing as scrubbing in swain. theres also some greatttttt single track, low gradient with features and "motocross" dips.... as well as double diamond. also some really fun usable features like a wall ride, teeter totter, wood ramps and halfway up one of the runs theres a motocross track with some sickkk jumps. right under the lift too so u can show off to the bikers lol. and the staff is superrrr friendly and lovee me cuz i mountain board. they all think im a nutcase lol

where do u live bro? id lovee to ride with ya some time! only ppl ive ever ridden with r my girl (she loves it! so much i bought her her own pro board) and a few friends i introduced to the sport n let use my extra board. none take it serious like me though.

theres also a BEAUTIFUL park in PA called seven springs. it has NONE of the negatives i just mentioned about swain. everyyyything is IDEAL for mountainboarding and the array of differentiation between the different types of terrain u can find there is phonomenal. i wont get too into that though cuz u asked for NY, and this is in PA.

SWAIN
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FE7n3BcMyVM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O5Dis06qbgw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^^Both good vids but neither shows everything swain has to offer, of course. they both leave out the teeter totter (which can be used as a pure teeter totter, grind rail that switches positions, or if u hit it fast enough, an enormous ramp, and they left out the motocross track as well. my 2 favorite things at the park. they do show a quick glimpse of the teeter tho =) in the woods that r full of the features, in the 1st vid, the dude speeds right by it its to ur right

7springs
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RmM39mwvEgc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
thats just one run at 7springs, a veryyy small taste of what it has to offer. its one of the top 10 snow parks in the US =) about two hrs further than swain though, living in niagara falls. if u go to their site in the 'gallery" they have top to bottom vids of everyyy run

sorry about this essay btw, im passionate about extreme sports, especially mountain boarding and snowboarding lol

Allthingsextreme
Noob

Post by Allthingsextreme » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 am

swain
http://youtu.be/FE7n3BcMyVM
http://youtu.be/O5Dis06qbgw

7springs
http://youtu.be/RmM39mwvEgc

woops...embed works on facebook. lol

Jimmy Chaos
Seen it all

Post by Jimmy Chaos » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 am

There are a few us heading to Canton pa on the 20th, you guys are more than welcome to join us.
.............:D................
" Blatant Self Promotion "

[SIZE="5"][color="Red"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Habitual Suicide[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"][color="black"][font="Comic Sans MS"]-Mountainboarding T's-[/font][/color][/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"][color="Blue"][SIZE="1"]
"Wear a helmet, don't drown in your own puke"
[/SIZE][/color][/color]

pigryder

Post by pigryder » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:35 am

sounds like your def in Jimmy, I will see you there man!
"If you eat it they will always come back" - Uncle Doug

Allthingsextreme
Noob

Post by Allthingsextreme » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 pm

DAMN i would loveee to! ive never gotten to ride with or even met another "real" mountain boarder....i just checked and i work 1-9:30 that day! =/ wtf!

i am however heading up to 7 springs this weekend both days though! if your free im assuming thats a do-able drive since canton is in PA as well. u guys should come if you can!
7 springs is a great park!
Snowboarding
Mountain boarding
Agressive inline
Freebording (street snowboard)
Longboarding

any sport with bindings and/or wheels. theres a lot of weird cool sh** out there to try if u look hard enough

pigryder

Post by pigryder » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Im not far from 7 springs but I have to work this saturday and probably gonna get the sailboat out one last time sunday, def wanna make that trip though. You say the riding there is good huh?
"If you eat it they will always come back" - Uncle Doug

Allthingsextreme
Noob

Post by Allthingsextreme » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:13 pm

pigryder wrote:Im not far from 7 springs but I have to work this saturday and probably gonna get the sailboat out one last time sunday, def wanna make that trip though. You say the riding there is good huh?

Aww too bad.. yeah maybe some other time. And yess 7springs is an excellenttt park. Very well kept and lots of different types of riding surfaces. And lotsssa different trails and features. Great riding man
Snowboarding
Mountain boarding
Agressive inline
Freebording (street snowboard)
Longboarding

any sport with bindings and/or wheels. theres a lot of weird cool sh** out there to try if u look hard enough

Return to “Ride Spots”