My board sits heel in how do i correct?

Helpful "how to" tutorials by our members. Mountainboard maintance, mods, rider tutorials and more. If there isnt already a tutorial on a subject you would like to know more about feel free to request one here.

Moderator: BgSurfer

barxx
Slightly dirty

My board sits heel in how do i correct?

Post by barxx » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:29 am

When my board is just sat it leans heel side in.

I first noticed this when i was starting to find it hard to do toe side turns and real easy to do heel side turns.
When you look at it from the back when it's sat on flat ground it's noticable that the wheels on my heelside (i'm regular stance) turn in toi face each other.
The board is second hand so don't know how much it was rode before i had it though i have had it for 3 years.
I run MBS skate trucks and figure the bushes may be going (though i will be upgrading when i can afford it to channel spring).

My question is are they knackered and need replaceing or can i get away with swapping them round to wear a bit more evenly?

Brennig

Post by Brennig » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:47 am

Take them apart and have a look at the bushings, if they don't look even I would buy some new ones, not sure if longboard bushings fit, but if they do get some venoms, riptides or something. If they don't look too bad try swapping them around as you said.
Russian Wives for Sale

MY DINOSAUR THEORY

Dinosaurs are from the future, they built a time machine and travelled back in time, unfortunately they miss judged the coordinates and got stuck underground.

leapb4ulook

Post by leapb4ulook » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:52 am

Check the bolts aren't bent too
Mutley wrote:Dude you are an inspiration, and a nut job all rolled into one.

Brennig wrote:Trees are where the party's at.

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Cheers guys, i will have a gander at them, don't think the bolts are bent from the way it's sat but will check that all out at the same time
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Red"]If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough[/color][/SIZE][/font]

belac
Old timer

Post by belac » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:16 pm

just pick tracks with only left hand turns:D

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:46 am

belac wrote:just pick tracks with only left hand turns:D

Haha! yer that would make life easier either that or ride switch until the bushes wear straight
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Red"]If you're gonna be dumb, then you gotta be tough[/color][/SIZE][/font]

barxx
Slightly dirty

Post by barxx » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 pm

pulled it apart, bushes have worn out time to go shopping

seemakm
Noob

Post by seemakm » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:34 am

You can buy another one...

Return to “How-To Forums”